by Kristen Apgar
Every year on Halloween you trudge through ice, wind, and snow in a paper-thin costume in order to seek out candy for already excited children. Maybe this is the year to let yourself have a little fun on Halloween. Here are six reasons to get away this October to enjoy some Halloween fun at the Broadmoor:
1. Spooktacular Savings: On October 30 and 31, the Broadmoor will be offering 20% off all spa services and golf green fees, and 25% off all suite rates. This means that you can stay in a beautiful luxury room for as low at $199 per night!
2. Pumpkin Craft Beers: Colorado boasts a wide array of breweries that provide visitors with unique flavors. This Halloween, the Broadmoor has partnered with New Belgium, Bristol, and Upslope to offer some of the best pumpkin ales brewed in Colorado. For a limited time, the Golden Bee will be serving these quality ales to guests wanting to try local fall brews. For an additional treat, try Timmermans‘ Pumpkin Lambiscus, imported straight from Belgium.
3. Complimentary Whiskey Tastings: Yes, you read that right. On the night of October 30, Michael Meyers (no relation to the title character from Halloween, or so we were told) from the award-winning Distillery 291 will be offering complimentary whiskey tastings at the Golden Bee.
4. Seasonal Cocktails: During Halloween weekend, the Golden Bee will also be offering delicious seasonal cocktails featuring the quality liquor of Distillery 291. Come warm up with the flavors of whiskey, apples, and cinnamon.
5. Spooky Soaring: This year marks the first Halloween of the newly reopened Seven Falls. In honor of the holiday, members of the Soaring Adventures team will be transformed into spooky and fun characters. For a more scream-worthy experience, try night zip lining. These thrilling tours start at 5:00pm the nights of October 29-31, and are priced at $50 dollars less than the usual zip lining fees. Space is limited, so reserve your adventure now.
6.The Halloween Room at The Christmas House: Between now and Halloween, the Christmas House on 1st street will be displaying a room full of festive Halloween decorations. Take some time to stock up on supplies for next year’s festivities, and don’t forget to take a look around the rest of the shop!