It will use case studies drawn from across SOAS regions to ground the course in specific examples that address transnational and localised framings. This Fund marks a clear statement of intent, to actively strengthen our creative talent and organisations and to start to unlock the untapped potential of art, culture and heritage in South Yorkshire. It has been a collaboratively designed programme between the SYMCA and the 4 Local Authorities, with the intention of safeguarding the future of the cultural and creative industries across South Yorkshire.
An outdoor illuminated art gallery is set to take over Liverpool’s world-famous waterfront once again in 2021 with the theme, Rhythm of the Light. Created by local artist, Paul Curtis the huge artwork allows people to transform themselves into an iconic Liver Bird. Just a short train or ferry ride away in Wirral is the dainty village of Port Sunlight home of Sunlight Soap and the Lever Brothers. The Lady Lever Art Gallery houses Lord Leverhulme’s personal collection, featuring a wide range of fine and decorative arts. For conferences, exhibitions, business meetings, training and cultural events.
Environmental Justice, Popular Struggle and Community Development
Fine Art We are ranked first in the UK for Art and Design and provide students with the highest quality teaching, and excellent facilities. We offer teaching and research in Fine Art, Music, Digital Cultures, Film, and Media, Culture, Heritage. Some 70 original pieces of work collectively make up the Cultural Value Project – a mixture of new research, critical reviews of the literature and specialist workshops. The Grade 1 listed St George’s Hall sits within the heart of Liverpool in more ways than one; it is a place of congregation and celebration, offering a central location and a true sense of the city amidst incomparable surroundings. Set on a Greek island paradise, a story of love, friendship and identity is cleverly told through the timeless songs of ABBA. Just 5 minutes from Liverpool’s Lime Street Station is the beautiful William Brown Street, where you’ll find a delightful cluster of culture including the Walker Art Gallery , World Museum, Liverpool Central Library and St John’s Gardens.
- A healthy life We’re working to increase the average number of healthy years lived in the UK, while narrowing health inequalities.
- Every year Sheffield is home to more festivals than you can shake a glowstick at, from music to climbing to documentaries, you’re sure to find your crowd.
- Imagine if you walked into an elevator and the leader of your local council is stood there – what would you say?
- Support and information on admissions, fees and funding and courses for applicants from outside of the UK.
- Some 70 original pieces of work collectively make up the Cultural Value Project – a mixture of new research, critical reviews of the literature and specialist workshops.
- Culture, Arts and Heritage remains a priority for our region as we continue to build on the potential of our outstanding natural, heritage, cultural and artistic assets and people both in urban and rural areas.
One of Luton’s most popular events, bringing communities together to enjoy entertainment in the sky. In a time of increasingly complex geopolitical entanglements and moral failings, these films articulate a yearning for unsullied heroism, effective leadership and appropriate responses to crises. But there are creative avenues to be explored to circumvent the gatekeepers, ami-entends-tu.org as filmmaker Victoria Mapplebeck discovered. TikTok is increasingly the social media of choice for older people who enthusiastically reject socially constructed notions of old age. We’ll also be posting videos from the South Yorkshire organisations who have benefitted from the fund, such as Sensoria, Civic Sound Week, Barnsley Live and Higher Rythm.
Arts and culture
Our innovation methods Our expert teams blend different innovation practices to tackle some of society’s biggest challenges. The Discovery Hub We scan for emerging trends, promising technologies and interventions to help test encouraging ideas that we can apply to our missions. The Mission Studio We’re building the next generation of mission-led start-ups. Impact Investments We back innovative businesses that focus on creating social and environmental good.